in the spotlight
BSocSci LLB (both summa cum laude) (UKZN) HDip Tax (WITS)
Corporate Commercial Law, M&A, Banking & Finance, and Property Law
Admitted as attorney in 2009
Previously at Fasken and Glyn Marais
Ashleigh has over 13 years experience, 11 of which were in practice. Before joining Caveat Legal, she worked in the dispute resolution department of Bell Dewar (now Faskens) and then moved to Glyn Marais Inc, where she focused on corporate, commercial and property law. While working in practice, she was consistently ranked as a “rising star” by IFLR1000 in the areas of banking and mergers and acquisitions in South Africa, as well as a “next generation partner” by Legal 500 in the area of Real Estate in South Africa.
Ashleigh has experience across all aspects of law which puts her in a position whereby she can provide guidance on complex and diverse legal issues across many legal and commercial aspects of business.
“At Caveat Legal, I have the opportunity to work with businesses who are innovators in their industries. It is exciting to be involved from the ground up by providing legal assistance to these clients, which I seek to do in the most commercially minded and pragmatic manner while at the same time ensuring that clients are adequately protected.”
- ASHLEIGH DAWSON
Based on Ashleigh’s experience she assists clients with the following:
1. Mergers and acquisitions of various types, as well as providing guidance on commercial and general law matters.
2. Facilitating and conducting due diligence investigations for the acquisition of properties and shares in companies (both directly and indirectly).
3. Lending transactions, including drafting, negotiating, advising and attending to the execution of loan agreements (both term loans and development loans) and related security documentation.
4. Sale of shares agreements, subscription agreements, shareholders’ agreements, and memoranda of incorporation for private and public companies.
5. Company secretarial documentation including board and shareholders’ resolutions.
6. various commercial agreements, including but not limited to confidentiality and exclusivity agreements, joint venture agreements, relationship agreements and voting pool agreement.
7. Property related agreements including sale of letting enterprise agreements, development agreements, sale of land agreements, sale of sectional title unit agreements, sale of vacant land and sale of undivided share agreements, property and asset management agreements.