BA LLB (UCT) LLM (NYU)
Admitted as attorney in 2000
Previously at Bowmans and ENSAfrica
John has a BA LLB from UCT and LLM (commercial law) from NYU. He was admitted as an attorney in early 2000 after having completed articles at Bowmans. He spent a year at Richards Butler in London before returning to take up a position at ENS in 2001. He worked at ENS until 2006, before leaving to focus on his corporate and commercial practice. John joined caveat in 2012 and took a short break to study towards his LLM in New York and gain admission to the New York Bar in 2016.
John’s primary expertise is in relation to corporate and commercial law matters including:
- advising in relation to transactions;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating transaction agreements, including share sale agreements, asset / business sale agreements, shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements and funding agreements;
- advising in relation to corporate and transaction structuring;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts, including licence agreements, distribution agreements, consultancy and service agreements;
- advising on trading terms and risk; and
- providing corporate law advice and opinions.