Admitted as attorney in 2003
Previously at Bowmans
Alayne Meinesz completed a Bachelor of Arts degree at Rhodes University in 1998 and a postgraduate LLB degree at the University of Cape Town in 2001 and joined Bowman Gilfillan Inc in Cape Town as a candidate attorney. After concluding her articles, she was admitted as an attorney in the Cape High Court in 2003. She practised as a corporate attorney in both the Cape Town and Johannesburg offices of Bowman Gilfillan Inc and was appointed as a partner in the Corporate Department (Construction and Engineering practice area) in 2009. In 2011 Alayne left Bowman Gilfillan and joined Caveat. Alayne specialises in Construction and Engineering Law and Corporate Commercial Law.
Construction and Engineering Law
Alayne has gained experience on a broad range of construction and engineering law matters including:
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating various standard form procurement contracts, (including JBCC, Fidic Suite and NEC), relating to various construction projects, plant and equipment and coal and renewable energy power plants;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating various professional services, supply and distribution agreements;
- drafting various opinions and advice relating to a client’s liability, and remedies, for breach of contract in respect of various standard form procurement contracts.
Corporate Commercial Law
Alayne has gained experience on a broad range of corporate and commercial law matters including:
- advising and representing various corporates, local and international, on various acquisition transactions, drafting transactional agreements, including joint venture agreements, sale of shares agreements, sale of business agreements, shareholder loan agreements and board and shareholder resolutions and conducting due diligence investigations and drafting reports;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of commercial contracts, including service agreements, licence agreements, consultancy agreements, sale and purchase agreements, distribution agreements, residential and commercial lease agreements and non-disclosure agreements;
- providing commercial law advice and opinions.