BCom LLB (Stellenbosch)
Admitted as attorney in 2006
Previously at Werksmans and ENS
Nadia has a BCom and LLB and was admitted as an attorney in 2006 after having completed her articles at Jan S De Villiers Attorneys (now Werksmans). Nadia then joined Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Amsterdam as an associate for 4 years before returning to South Africa. Once home, she joined ENS working as a senior associate in the banking and finance department for 3 years before joining Caveat in 2015.
Nadia specilaises in Banking and Finance work, including:
- Structuring and refinancing of debt transactions and related security arrangements (including guarantees, pledges and cessions and subordination arrangements)
- Equity and intergroup financing through debt
She also performs more general Commercial work, including:
- Formlising stakeholder relations;
- Sale of shares transactions in particular in the renewable energy sector
- Sale agreements including general business sales
- Lease matters in particular drafting residential and corporate lease agreements
- Supply and distribution transactions in particular in the recycling sector
Notable legal matters before joining Caveat include:-
- Acting for a black empowerment investment holding company in relation to the acquisition of a minority shareholding in one of South Africa’s biggest news publishing groups.
- Acting for a specialist investment company in relation to equity bridge funding and term funding into the target company.
- Acting for one of South Africa’s leading financial institutions in relation to a joint investment into an outdoor manufacturing company.
- Acting for a South African renewable energy project company in relation to bridge loan funding in respect of the black economic empowerment (“BEE”) equity stake in a solar farm project.
- Acting for a consortium (including an international operating power company actively developing energy solutions for the emerging markets of Africa and the Americas) in relation to the transaction management of the closing of a wind farm project.
- Acting for various of South Africa’s leading financial intuitions in relation to debt and equity funding (including property development funding) and related security structures.
- Acting for JP Morgan Securities on a €1,3 billion Dutch RMBS note issuance under the Orange Lion RMBS platform of ING Bank.
- Acting for Unitas Capital in respect of the acquisition of a leading Dutch manufacturing group of companies (Target Group).
- Acting for Rabobank International, ING Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland and other mandated lead arrangers on a €1 billion syndicated loan for Koninklijke FrieslandCampina (one of the largest dairy producers in the world).
- Acting for Standard Chartered Bank as new liquidity and swing-line provider on the refinancing of the US$125 million Rosy Blue ABCP programme (the only diamond securitisation in the world).
- Acting for Rabobank International as lead arranger in respect of an acquisition facility for a Dutch supermarket chain (Bidco) on its bid for a competing chain owned by a private equity fund.
- Acting for Wendel Investissement SA (as joint venture sponsor) in relation to the corporate and financial restructuring of the Stahl Group (deal value approximately €200 million) involving a debt buy-back of €60 million.